MAIN STAR OIL COMPANY
Why started? Buckeye Pipe Line discontinued the haul of crude oil and the
contract in four southeastern counties. (Nobel Washington Guernsey and
Raymond Starling, Virgil Starling, Edward Snodgrass and Ray McMains bought the
old Torner gas station and began the Main Star Oil Company in May of
1958. Ed later sold his shares to the other three men.
Ronald Starling was the first office manager. Secretaries were: Pat Bush, and
Donna Perrine. David Starling, son of Raymond, was the next office
The first drivers were: Glen Harmon, Albert Doyle Taylor, Chester Cline, Larry
Boyer, Tim Reese and Vernon Smith.
Later drivers were: Clyde Thomas, Lewis Thomas, Bill Braunburger, Chuck Walker,
John Knight, Jerry Eddy, Charles Berga, Dale Berga, Raymond Beaver, Jim Busche,
Earl Busche, and Oscar Starkey.
The first mechanic was Paul Nichols. The garage crew was: Carl Flannery,
Terry Perrine, Perry Thomas, and Bruce Greenwood.