WILLIAM COOK STORE
William Cook Store was started on Ohio Street [in Marietta.] After the 1913 flood, he built a store on Greene Street [in Newport.] Kesselrings had it next. It changed hands again with Mr. Higgans proprietor. Then Isaac Mendenhall and Sons had it until 1946. They operated a milk and cream station. Newport Sales Company was started by Tom and Willie Meadows in 1955 and continued until spring of 1961.