In the early twenties, the Wilderman Company built a large block building 90 by
90 to sell cars. This was a branch of the Marietta Company. In
1928, John Eddy, Wayne Eddy, Floyd Cady, and Mr. Clark bought the building and
continued to sell cars and run a garage. In the front of the building
they started an ice cream parlor. Mr. J.F. Cady and John Eddy started a
small gas station, and it continued until 1946. It was the Newport
Service Station (The Standard Oil Company).