BUCKEYE PIPE LINE YARD
There was a pipe yard located on Stanley Street between Alice McGrew’s and Bernard Reynolds’s property.
In 1869 or 1870, a tank of ten thousand barrels was erected by the Cow Run Iron Tank Company. This location today is known as the tank farm (Bell’s Run).
Lynn (Shortie) Gibson worked for the Buckeye Pipeline Company for 39 ½ years. He was transferred to the Newport site in 1947. He was an engineer. The farm has storage tanks that crude oil is stored in, then transferred to barges on the Ohio River.